Adding a domain
Congratulations, you're adding your domain to mlytics! We're here to make sure your setup process is as frictionless as possible. mlytics is a cloud platform so it can get quite technical, but bear with us, we'll try to explain everything using human language.
Everything starts with adding your domain to the platform, and the process is broken down into the following:
Step 1: choosing a plan
When you click on the 'Add domain' action, you'll need to select a plan before you proceed. This will decide what features will be available to your domain down the road, we recommend checking the pricing page before proceeding. You can upgrade later if you require additional features, but do note that downgrading is currently unavailable (you'll need to contact us to do so.)
If this is your first domain, you can try it free for 7 days on all the plan tiers with no payment info required. However, if this is your second or beyond, there will be an additional process asking for your payment method, and you will be billed immediately once confirmed.
If you've used up your trial and would like to apply for trial on another domain, you'll need to contact us.
Step 2: filling your domain info
Once you selected a plan, you'll need to fill in your domain info on the next page. There are three sections plus some advanced settings in this step:
- Domain name: This depends on what URL you're using. Let’s say you’re using 'www.test.com,' then you should enter 'www.test.com' in this field.
- Origin address: Enter the origin address here, either in FQDN or IPv4 format.
- SSL type: Select what kind of SSL you'd like for this domain; 'Zero SSL' is a feature that lets you generate an SSL certificate via mlytics for free, while 'Custom SSL' (available only on Business plan) lets you upload your SSL certificate if you already have one. We do not recommend selecting 'Add later' unless you're familiar with the platform.
- Origin protocol: You can choose whether to always use 'HTTP' or 'HTTPS', while 'Match Viewer' will automatically identify which is the best option for you.
- HTTP / HTTPs port: 80 and 443 are the default settings, but you can customize depending on your use case (available only on Business plan.)
Step 3: adding a tag (optional)
This is a handy tool to help you organize/categorize your domain if you plan to have multiple domains on mlytics. You can simply type in a name and click '+ Create a new tag' to add a new tag. If you've already created one before, it will also be available here.
You can just hit 'Next' if you decide this is irrelevant to you.
Step 4: Confirmation
Once steps 1 - 3 are completed, this final page will show you the information you filled earlier for you to confirm. It will also show what CDNs will be installed automatically upon confirmation.