Why I can't add the assigned CNAME to my DNS provider?
Some DNS providers don't support APEX (root) domain CNAME (e.g. yourdomain.com). This is a common issue in the DNS industry due to the unregulated protocol/standard. In order to use mlytics, your DNS will have to support APEX domain CNAME (or ALIAS, ANAME). Here's a list of DNS providers that support this:
|DNS provider||Supported APEX record type|
Cloudflare CDN may fail to deploy if you're using Cloudflare as your DNS
I can't switch DNS provider
A workaround to this is to use a triple-W domain (e.g. www.example.com) as your main domain. Here's how to do it:
- First, you'll need to remove the site you added to the mlytics platform (if you already added one. Skip if you haven't yet)
- Access to your DNS record and create a triple-W subdomain you'd like to use (e.g. www.example.com)
- Add a new site on mlytics with the new triple-w subdomain
- Copy the new assigned CNAME
- Go back to your DNS record, create a new CNAME record with the triple-w subdomain, paste the CNAME in the value
- If you already have a CNAME associated with the triple-w subdomain, simply replace the value with the assigned CNAME
You will need to set up a 301 redirect for your root domain towards the new triple-w subdomain in order for it to function.