What is 'Beacon' code?
- Project real user performance data of your domain to the Pulse chart.
- Improves the CDN optimization accuracy by feeding the data to the Smart Load Balancer.
Installing the Beacon code
Navigate to ‘ DEM’ > 'Pulse', and click the ‘Install beacon code’ button.
Copy all the content in the 'Beacon code' field, and paste it just before the </head> tag of your page.
Configuring your Beacon code
There are three things you can customize:
- Startup delay: the amount of time to wait to trigger the Beacon code after a user loads the page
- Repeat delay: the amount of time to wait to re-trigger the Beacon code
- # of domains to measure: if you installed the Beacon code on multiple domains, you can set the maximum number of domains to measure, and the system will randomly pick domains based on your settings.
Before installing the beacon code to your website: You can see the RUM data is unavailable on the Pulse chart.
After installing the beacon code to your website: You can see the RUM data is available on the Pulse chart. The RUM data will also be used by the Smart Load Balancer to provide more accurate CDN optimization.