How to add teammates with different levels of account management access? (Enterprise)
It is possible to have one or more people managing your Mlytics account, each with custom levels of access and controls.
You can add multiple teammates to manage your Mlytics account.
To do so, go to ‘Account’ on the navigation bar, then select ‘Teammates’, then click the ‘Add teammate’ button.
Fill the teammate information: first name, last name, and email address.
There are 5 features that every teammate is authorized to access:
- Domain management: this covers the access to all features that control the domain. Deactivating (choosing none) will remove access to all features on the navigation bar, except the ‘Account’.
- Teammates: this covers the access to the feature ‘Teammates’ found in the ‘Account’ navigation bar. Deactivating it will remove access to the ‘Teammates’ feature.
- Smart load balancing: this covers the access to the feature ‘Smart load balancing’ found in the ‘Domain’ navigation bar. Deactivating it will remove access to the ‘Smart load balancing’ feature.
- Audit log: this covers the access to the feature ‘Audit log’ found in the ‘Account’ navigation bar. Deactivating it will remove access to the ‘Audit log’ feature.
- Billing: this covers the access to the feature ‘Billing’ found in the ‘Account’ navigation bar. Deactivating it will remove access to the ‘Billing’ feature.
Setting control levels (for each feature)
For each feature, there are at most 4 levels of controls that you can set for a given teammate. Each control level has a specific extent of authorized actions.
- None: restricted access or performing any actions.
- Viewer: authorized to “view feature”.
- Editor: authorized to “view feature” and “edit settings”
- Owner: authorized to “view feature”, “edit settings”, and “add or delete”.
|Control level||View feature||Edit setting||Add/delete|
Here are the definitions of each authorized action:
- View feature: the ability to view a feature or functionality.
- Edit setting: the ability to change settings of a feature or functionality.
- Add or delete: the ability to add or delete a domain or a teammate.
Once you finish setting up the control level for each feature, click the ‘Create’ button to create and send an invitation email to your new teammate.
Setting up teammates’ account for the added teammate
Once the teammate receives your invitation email, they can click the ‘Join team’ link, and start setting up the account.
After setting up, your team member will be able to access and/or control features and functionalities in your Mlytics account based on the access you set up earlier.
To manage the account of each teammate, follow this article.