How to add teammates with custom feature access? (Enterprise)
It is possible to have one or more people, a.k.a. ‘Teammates’ to manage your Mlytics platform, and with each teammate having custom feature access and control level.
You can add multiple teammates to manage your Mlytics platform. To do so, go to ‘ Account’ > ‘Teammates’.
On this page, click the ‘Add teammate’ button.
Then fill in the teammate information: first name, last name, and email address.
There are 4 features that every teammate are authorized to access:
- DNS + Multi CDN + Origin Shield: this covers the access to the DNS, Multi CDN, and Origin Shield features of the Mlytics platform. Deactivating (choosing ‘None’) it will prevent the teammate to access the platform.
- Teammate: this covers the access to the feature ‘Teammate’ found in the ‘Account’ navigation bar. Deactivating it will remove access to the ‘Teammate’ feature.
- Audit log: this covers the access to the feature ‘Audit log’ found in the ‘Account’ navigation bar. Deactivating it will remove access to the ‘Audit log’ feature.
- Billing: this covers the access to the feature ‘Billing’ found in the ‘Account’ navigation bar. Deactivating it will remove access to the ‘Billing’ feature.
Setting control levels (for each feature)
For each feature, there are at most 4 control levels that you can set on a given teammate, namely:
- Editor, and
Each control level has a specific extent of authorized actions.
|Control level||View feature||Edit settings||Add/delete|
Here are the definitions of each authorized action:
- View feature: authorized to view a feature or functionality.
- Edit settings: authorized to change settings of a feature or functionality.
- Add/delete: authorized to add or delete an item such as domain, CDN, teammate, etc.
The ‘Green check’ icon indicates the authorized control level.
Once you finish setting up the control level for each feature, click the ‘Create’ button to create and send an invitation email to your new teammate.
Setting up an account for the teammate
After you add a teammate, the teammate will receive an invitation email. They can click the ‘Join team’ link, and start setting up the account.
After setting up, your teammate will be able to access and/or control the features in your Mlytics platform based on the feature access and control level you set up for that teammate.
To manage the account of each teammate, follow this article.